Monday, October 10, 2011
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011
An unsuspecting birthday girl accidentally swallowed the £500 gold necklace her boyfriend had hid in her cake as a surprise, before having it surgically removed.
Romantic Xiao Li, 22, helplessly looked on as Wang Xue gulped down the expensive necklace planted inside a muffin he'd baked especially for his girlfriend's birthday party in Qingdao, eastern China.
'I thought it would show how much I love her and it would be a good joke too. But before I could say anything she'd swallowed it in one bite and I had to tell her the truth on the way to hospital,' he said.
After taking an X-ray doctors decided they would need to perform endoscopic surgery to remove the necklace from the 22-year-old's stomach. A probe was put down her throat and her birthday pressie was fished out as good as new.
'She got her necklace back eventually, but I'm not sure she will ever feel very comfortable wearing it even though I spent hours cleaning it for her,' Xiao added.